Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Can't figure out what to call this one...

Two of my greatest fears... 1-Being a terrible and unworthy husband. 2- Living an, empty, routine and predicable life.



One of the reasons i'm joining the USMC is to eliminate number 2. There is a quote I read once "Some people go their entire lives wondering if they've made a difference, a United States Marine doesn't have that problem" It's not about the money, benefits, or college... although those do come as nice perks. It's about having a purpose, goals and protecting my loved ones and more that I just can't put into words. It took awhile to realized that, lots of praying and soul searching but I think I've finally come around and gotten my head on straight about what it really means to be a part of the USMC. Being a Marine will by no means be a normal, predicable life. This excites me more than you could ever know! having the chance to travel, experience new things and places, meeting new people, the list goes on and on.



With that said, it brings me to number one. Asking someone to marry you when you're in the Marines means that amazing girl having to move away from her family, friends and well... everything. I feel like that's a lot to ask of her(Whoever she might be). When deployment time comes and we're apart for months on end I never want her to think "What did I get myself into" or "This is stupid". Love is key, but it seems as though there are two locks. For all the Marines could offer us, would it be enough to weigh out all that it takes away and changes?  I don't really know how else to word it other than it's going to take one very understanding girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment